Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Chinese Food


So for lunch today I was rushed and wanted to get something as quick as possible. I went to the closest place I could find. It was a Chinese Restaurant in Kansas City. I had never been in there. The place looked okay, the people looked shady. I was starving so I ordered some food. Took about five minutes for the food to get to my table. Right about as I am mid-way through my plate of food a Kansas City Health Inspector comes rushing in to do a "routine check up". Okay lets back up a second. I have never been here before, I am eating this food, and then a Kansas City Health Inspector rushes in to do a check up. As he is going to the kitchen area I ask nicely, "couldn't you have showed up about 10 minutes ago?" He laughs. I wasn't laughing. I immediately lost interest in my plate off shrimp fried rice, threw the rest away and now probably will never go back there again. I should have stayed to see how they fared with the Health Inspector but I wanted to run and buy alot of water really quick to try to flush out my system just in case.

I guess I will never know the results, but I do know I will not go back even though I was enjoying my shrimp fried rice. Why couldn't the Health Inspector just show up before or after I was there. Not while I am consuming food from a place I had never stepped foot in before today!!!

No comments: