Monday, July 21, 2008

Political Talk...

I am not one really for politics. However I am stoked that John McCain is going to go with Mitt Romney as his running mate. For the sake of the Presidential Election, I think Barrack Obama needs to pick Jim Webb. Webb has the military experience to compete with McCain. If Obama does pick Webb I might truly get excited.

However, I would much rather see McCain and Obama as the VP hopefuls and Webb and Romney as the Presidential candidates.

Oh well. Politics isn't my cup of tea, but its going to take alot of changes to fix the downward spiral our country is currently in.

In no chance in hell would I have guessed that I would still be unemployed with a Masters degree. Its horrible. I have options though; federal law enforcement, 2nd masters degree this one in theology, teacher, paramedic. The possibilities are endless. Regardless, with a MBA I should have a job by now. I blame all of the political heads. This all started long long ago and now its climaxed to what it is. OUR COUNTRY IS FALLING APART AND OUR LEADERS ARE FAILING US!

So many issues need to be fixed. Who knows where to start, but solutions in corporate america start by firing and layoffs rightly or wrongly. That should be an idea with our political leaders. We vote them in, we are shareholders we should have enough pull to yank their seat out from right under them.

I DO NOT HAVE AN OPINION ON MY PRESIDENTIAL FAVORITE, BUT WHO EVER IT IS BETTER START TRYING TO FIX THIS COUNTRY.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Russy,

Congrats on the MBA but that alone will have no impact on you finding a job or not. It's all about who you know and how much you can schmooze. Such is life in corporate America.

big russ said...

oh believe me i know buddy. i know lots of people too in various industries that vouch for me. it just seems like people are just scared to open up their pocketbooks and spend on people though. which is a shame.

fry cook school at mcdonalds university here i come. lol.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you're scared to get a job? Also, don't forget how free markets work, you're worth what the market will pay, so if you ask for more and you don't get it, then you aren't worth it. The market defines your worth, not you.

big russ said...

i wish i was scared to find a job. today i went and talked to another school about getting a masters degree in information systems to go with the mba. i am doing whatever it takes to make me more marketable. just like the mba did. i look better now, just maybe not good enough.