Sunday, February 10, 2008

Breath of fresh air...Underdogs win!

This is a sports blog but I had to write something about this tonite, because Underdogs do not just come from behind in sports to win like the New York Giants did to the New England Patriots last week, they also come from behind to win a major Grammy Award. Let me just say though that when the the 2008 Album of the Year was given out and it went to Herbie Hancock I got up and danced a bit. Seriously this man has some serious skills and it is amazing that he won. I am so thankful that there is still great jazz music out there that gets recognized. Hancock beat out a drugged out Amy Winehouse, a loser of a guy in Kanye West, a bad rock band in the Foo Fighters, and another guy I was rooting for Vince Gill. Gill and Hancock were my two favorites and I am very very happy Hancock won the 2008 Album of the Year for "River: The Joni Letters."

Hancock has been fighting for the longest time to be recognized like this. Im sorry I just get sick and tired of seeing so many strung out musicians on drugs (Winehouse) and rappers (West) who act like they are so far superior to other musicians. Its just great to see the Underdog win! Lets keep rooting for more big upsets as the days, weeks, and months go on. Just makes for a whole lot better discussion than the same everyday stuff! :-)

No comments: