Sunday, February 10, 2008

Optimism is a killer

This is the worst time of year for me. Its the start of something new. Baseball is just around the corner and I am very very optimisitc that great things can happen. When it comes to the Kansas City Chiefs and Kansas City Royals I always root hard for them win or lose. They are my team. Lately though, there just is not much winning. But its a brand new year and well all reasoning and judgement goes out the window when dealing with these two teams. Before any Royals or Chiefs season I get overly excited and look over the teams schedule and make very unrealistic predictions.

Last year I picked the Chiefs to finish with 10 wins. Why on earth did I think that the Chiefs could truthfully finish with 10 wins? Chiefs were just brutal and I knew it too, but any rational thought goes out the window when it comes to my teams. I should have stuck with what all the so-called experts were saying.

2007 was not the best year for betting, I also lost $100 to one of my close friends that the Royals would finish with a .500 (81-81) record. Didn't exactly turn out in my favor. Maybe this year! This is the year the Royals turn the corner and start to turn the corner and compete for the division.

New seasons bring new hope and optimism. Oh who am I kidding! I say it every year! :-)

Regardless...Royals 2008 win/loss record.....drum roll please.... 84-78!!!

No comments: