Friday, February 15, 2008

NBA ALL STAR GAME

The NBA All Star game is one of my favorite things to watch. I can care less for the NFL Pro Bowl or the NHL All Star game. The MLB All Star game is fun for the fact that it means something to the winner. The NBA All Star events though just have been a ritual of mine to watch since I was a kid. I know the Slam Dunk competition does not mean nearly as much now as it once did but I still get excited when I see some ridiculously amazing dunks.

Remember the 2000 Slam Dunk Competition with Vince Carter? Some of the best dunks I have seen.



Of local interest the NBA All Star Game has just one fairly local name. Former #34 of the Kansas Jayhawks and current Celtic legend Paul Pierce. I didn't see any Mizzou guys on the NBA All Star Roster this year. Maybe next year!


Photobucket

Kind of a slow day today so I just was reading over some other noted blogs. This story is quite entertaining if you are the Worlds Smallest Weightlifter!


EDIT: I had someone ask me to find Jordans dunk over Larry johnson. I could not find that exact one. I found these 10 best dunks though by him. By far my favorite NBA player, possibly Athlete ever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what I have always wanted to see? The video of Michael Jordan looking over at Larry Johnson saying "welcome to the NBA, kid" while taking a no look free throw. Can you produce this video?

big russ said...

I posted a video of MJ's best dunks just now. It is damn impressive what he did during his career. By far my favorite basketball player of all time.

Larry Johnson was a rookie in 1991. farthest game i could find video on was from 1993 where Jordan lit up Charlotte for 52 pts.

Cut and Paste this link into your browser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYb4UH0WULc